The Chorister School for St George's Chapel dates back to 1352 and was originally situated in the Lower Ward of Windsor Castle.
It was in 1892 that the school moved to the foot of the castle motte, to its present site in the Travers' College adjoining the Chapter garden.
Formerly home to the Naval Knights of Windsor, Travers' College has been adapted to suit the needs of a vibrant and thriving school.
Reception rooms, conference rooms, offices, the school dining room and library, and the boarding house are located in the original part of the Travers Building. The naval tradition/roots has been upheld with many of the older rooms being named after great sea admirals in British history.
The first significant addition of a new school room was made in 1897 and the Victoria is still very much at the centre of school life, now restored as a small and intimate performing space. There have been many additions since then and 1996 saw the completion of The Pre-Prep building, offering bespoke classroom space and facilities for the pupils from Nursery to Year 2.
In 2006, the school took over Old Bank House at the bottom of Thames Street and following a considerable refurbishment programme, this has become the home to the Middle School and the base for a large and thriving Music Department.
In the late Spring of 2010, work started on the new science laboratory complex which was built to the latest sustainable standards, including a flat roof of live vegetation. The project was completed ahead of schedule by the end of the Summer holiday.
By gracious permission of Her Majesty The Queen, the school has use of a triangle of open space in Home Park Private, where we have football and cricket pitches and the athletics track for use in the Summer Term. The triangle is accessed directly from the playground area.
There are additional PE, Netball and Tennis facilities in the school playground. There is an indoor heated pool and a school Gym for PE, dance and judo.
Windsor and Eton Riverside train station is immediately across the road from the school entrance.